Saturday, August 16, 2008

Summary

I haven’t posted any updates in a while. I have several written but, unfortunately, I abandoned my laptop in the village when we evacuated. I’ve come to terms with the fact that I might not get it back so, for now, I’ll give you all the summary. Anyone’s welcome to ask me for the full details on any of these stories but some of them are more pleasant than others. I’ve avoided telling anyone in the states about most anything bad that happens in Georgia but we’ve gotten some updates about the situation and it looks like no one is going back so I might as well tell all the stories. Here’s the short of what you’ve been missing:

We broke a bar in a ski resort, a couple from South Africa showed up at my house in the village, I got a chunk taken out of my left leg by a dog thought to have rabies, I thought up a hilarious joke about parasites, Condi Rice came to visit us, I scored in the top percentile of our language assessment, I’ve been drinking shots of gasoline with dinner, and Georgia went to war with Russia. The last one I’ll tell the whole story on in the blog.

No comments: