Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 1: I'm in!

I arrived in Philadelphia today and officially moved from Peace Corps Invitee to Peace Corps Trainee. There are about 60 of us going to Georgia and we're excited and nervious but trying to act nonchalant about it. We did some "ice-breakers" and the like today and airing some of our expectations and anxities, I know I have more than a few of the later.

We're finally here though after all the waiting and I don't think any one of us is having second thoughts. We're a little miffed that we've spent half the day filling out paperwork and taking seminars on safety but I suppose we knew we were signing up for that too.

I'm exhausted. Most of us here today didn't sleep well last night and we have a whole 'nother day and a half of paperwork and compliance activities in front of us so I'll write more tomorrow.

All is well.

2 comments:

Kt Mac said...

Congratulations! It's official now!

(On a side note, you, more than most, probably need the safety seminar since you're still walking into doors at night ...) ;)

auntpat said...

Hi Joe, I enjoyed reading your blog and think you will have a great experience. Keep the comments coming as you get time.
pat in soggy iowa