Saturday, July 12, 2008

I got a call from Katie!!!!!!!!!

Whoohoo! Katie called me today and we talked for about 20 fabulous minutes! (Hopefully she’ll still think it was worth it when she gets her phone bill, sorry sweetie.) We caught up on what both of us are up to, talked a bit about things we did together and I got some news about her family, friends and America in general.

She’s doing fabulous as ever of course. A rock star at work as always, I’m going to be very disappointed in Katie if she’s not CEO by the time I get back. I got some updates on our friends in D.C. and some other tidbits about what she was doing for the holiday weekend, what her brothers are up to…the subjects we talked about weren’t important: I was thrilled to hear her voice. We chatted a bit and laughed and it’s the best I’ve felt in a long time.

Lots of love, butterfly.

1 comment:

KT Mac said...

It was great getting to hear your voice!! Thank goodness for calling cards and the Peace Corps' policy of giving y'all cell phones. We'll talk again soon, I'm sure. Lots of love to my favorite Peace Corps volunteer. ;-)